Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Mid Century Housewife Day 8: Ballerinas and Top Hatters!

Yesterday (Tuesday) was a weird housewife day because I had to go in to the studio. My boss had an emergency and couldn't go in to teach so she called on me. No, it wasn't totally housewifey but duty called.

So I made breakfast, did the daily cleaning and went to the supermarket. I prepared the beginning of today's dinner and put it in the fridge. I'm glad I chose something that was pie like and was an easy make ahead dinner. I went to the studio for a couple of hours, met up with Honey, came home and put dinner in the oven. I was a little apprehensive to go teach because of the experiment. I went only because there was no one else who was available and I like to be helpful when I can. But now I'm glad I went. It gave me the chance to see that most of the housewife schedule I will be able to keep up with when I start back teaching. Of course things like meeting Honey at the door with a drink will have to go.  I also won't be able to cook dinner every night but fortunately for me Honey is an excellent cook and can take up the slack there (and there won't be nearly as many mid century meals though I do plan on making at least one a month. Maybe I'll make it a feature here on the blog.). Things like the morning dusting and the weekly "thorough clean" days I plan on keeping.

I believe that all of my dance training has made all of the schedule keeping easy for me. In dance (ballet in particular) there are certain things that you have to do every time you have class. At times its done the exact same way every class for weeks and weeks on end. This is done in order to perfect whatever it is you are learning. Being used to and expecting repetition definitely comes in handy for this little experiment.

Well, It looks like I'm off subject again. Now, on to dinner.

Today's dinner (and the dinner for the next few days) came from the Good Housekeeping Cookbook published in 1955.





I wasn't too sure about this one but figured it had to be a least decent. I mean it has hotdogs, baked beans and cornbread.



And...

It was a success!!!!!!!





YAY!!!!

It was actually pretty good. I really think kids would love it. It reminded me of a corn dog! It was a little runny. I think from all the milk. I think next time I make it I'll reduce the amount of milk in the recipe. That way it thickens a little more. But it was tasty. We're going to have the leftovers for lunch today.

Today's plan is more cleaning laundry, hair washing and wardrobe prep for tomorrow. Tomorrow is Independence Day here in the States. So that means Honey and I get a night on the town. Vintage style. We're going to the Liberty Belle Extravaganza on the roof of the Empire Hotel in Manhattan. UBER excited!!  I was going to buy a new dress but I have so many dresses that I bought for Viva that I only wore the one time, so I think I'll recycle (I'll save the new dress buying for my birthday next month!). It should be a great way to spend the holiday!!! I'll be sure to take a lot of pictures and share them with you all.

That's the Housewife update for the day!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Ooohh, yummers, that sounds really good! I love hotdogs and cornbread, so this would be right up my alley. It would be great to take on a picnic or camping trip, don't you think?

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun :) Hope you have a Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see pics from your outing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh it does look delicious! I hope you two are having a blast tonight!! Cannot wait to see pics! xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...